Bottom Article Ad

Christina Politi writes: Why is everyone talking about the Mimi Dennis movie "My Beloved Smyrna"?

Mimi Dennis Cristina Politis

Christina Politi writes about the Mimi Dennis movie “My Beloved Smyrna” and why everyone is talking about it.

“My Beloved Smyrna” is directed by Grigoris Karantinakis and written by Mimi Dennisi, in collaboration with Martin Sherman. The film is based on the play of the same name by Mimi Dennisi, which is about the destruction of Smyrna in 1922 and follows a high-society Greek woman in Smyrna in the early 20th century.

Actors starring in the film include Mimi Denisi, Leonidas Kakouris, Burak Haki, Krateros Katsoulis, Katerina Geronikolou, Giannis Vogiatzis, Tamila Koulieva, Anastasia Pantousi, and Christos Stergioglou.

Christina Politi writes of the film: “My uncle, the psychiatrist Thanos Kostantinidis, was from Smyrna. As a child, I remember the dramatic stories he described, stories about the destruction of this magical city.”

Read the continuation of Christina Politis’s article on Mimi Dennis’s film “My beloved Smyrna”.

source: iefi merida

Post a Comment

0 Comments